Acceptable Use Policy
Highstreet has put in place this Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) in order to foster responsible use of Highstreet’s network, services, systems, services and website (collectively, “Highstreet Network and Services”). The AUP is incorporated by reference in your Agreement with Highstreet.
Capitalized terms used in this AUP and not otherwise defined herein shall have the meaning given in the Agreement.
You may not use the Highstreet Network and Services to engage in, foster, or promote illegal, abusive, or irresponsible behavior, including the following:
• Unlawful or Criminal Activity. Any activity or conduct that is likely to be in breach of any applicable laws, codes or regulations, including data protection and privacy laws, laws relating to bulk mail or unsolicited commercial electronic messages, chain letters and pyramid schemes, consumer protection laws, gambling laws, and child pornography laws.
• Infringing Content. Any manner of use that infringes or misappropriates the rights of third party patent, copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights or any third party’s confidential or proprietary information.
• Harmful Content. Any publishing, transmitting or storing content or links to any content that is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence, contains harassing content or hate speech, creates a risk to a person’s safety or health, or public safety or health, compromises national security or interferes with an investigation by law enforcement ; any content that is defamatory or violates a person’s privacy or is otherwise malicious, harassing, fraudulent, or morally repugnant.
• Interference/Viruses. Interference with Highstreet Network and Services or any third party’s network, systems, services or websites, including but not limited to, mail bombing or introducing any viruses or other contaminating code or interference with service to any user of the Highstreet Network and Services,
• Email. Transmittal of unsolicited e-mail messages where such emails could reasonably be expected to provoke complaints (“Spam”) or use of another provider to send Spam to promote a site hosted on or connected via the Highstreet Network and Services.
• Vulnerability Testing, Unauthorized access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without express authorization of the owner of the system or network.
• Other Inappropriate Actions. Monitoring data or traffic on any network or system without the express authorization of the owner of the system or network; collecting or using information, including email addresses, screen names or other identifiers, by deceit, (such as, phishing, Internet scamming, password robbery, spidering, and harvesting); use of any false, misleading, or deceptive TCP-IP packet header information in an email or a newsgroup posting; any retaliatory behavior against Highstreet or its employees, officers or other agents, including engaging in behavior that results in any server being the target of a denial of service attack (DoS); any activity intended to withhold or cloak identity or contact information, including the omission, deletion, forgery or misreporting of any transmission or identification information, such as return mailing and IP addresses; distributing software that covertly gathers or transmits information about a user; distributing advertisement delivery software unless: (i) the user affirmatively consents to the download and installation of such software based on a clear and conspicuous notice of the nature of the software, and (ii) the software is easily removable by use of standard tools for such purpose included on major operating systems.
Responsibility for Conduct and Content
You are responsible for violations of this AUP by anyone using the Highstreet Network and Services with your permission or on an unauthorized basis as a result of your failure to use reasonable security precautions. Your use of the Highstreet Network and Services to assist another person in an activity that would violate this AUP if performed by you is a violation of the AUP.
Highstreet takes no responsibility for any material created or accessible through the Highstreet Network and Services. Highstreet reserves the right to block access to any material that may violate this AUP and/or expose Highstreet to civil or criminal activity and/or terminate or suspend any user creating, storing or distributing such material.
You must use reasonable efforts to secure any device or network within your control against being used in breach of the applicable laws against spam and unsolicited email, including where appropriate by the installation of antivirus software, firewall software and operating system and application software patches and updates.
Consequences of Violation of AUP
If you breach the AUP, we may suspend or terminate your use of the Highstreet Network and Services in accordance with the Agreement. We may intercept or block any content or traffic belonging to you or to users where Services are being used unlawfully or not in accordance with this AUP.
No credit will be available under the Service Level Agreements in the Agreement for interruptions of service resulting from any AUP violation.
Changes to the AUP
Highstreet may from time to time amend this AUP to further detail or describe reasonable restrictions on use of the Highstreet Network and Services by publishing a revised version of the AUP at https://www.highstreetit.com/aup
Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.