A Center of Excellence (COE) is a place of high achievement in some subject area. (Merriam-Webster, 2018)
A Center of Excellence (COE) goes beyond IT support. It’s both technical and operational. An Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) COE for example, focuses on ensuring alignment between business requirements, ERP configuration, training, managing upgrades and improvements, and is responsible for building internal competencies.
Why have a Center of Excellence (COE)?
- The COE is the focal point for knowledge management.
- Allows you to develop internal competencies to effectively maintain your ERP systems into the future.
- Helps ensure that the technology supports and stays aligned with business changes as things evolve.
The ideal Center of Excellence (COE)…
- Includes a cross-functional team of operational subject-matter experts, software experts, general IT resources and project management specialists.
- Should not simply be a function buried within IT.
- Is more than just an idea: It should have well-defined roles, responsibilities, authority and support business processes.
Join Highstreet customer San Joaquin Delta College on Monday, March 04, 2019 (03:45 PM – 04:45 PM) at the annual ALLIANCE conference for:
Getting your head in the Cloud while keeping your feet on the ground.
Representatives from San Joaquin Delta College (SJDC) will share their experiences and what lead them to a successful implementation of Release 12 of Oracle Cloud applications for Finance, Procurement, and Planning and Budgeting, followed by an upgrade to R13 and the successful implementation of Oracle Cloud HCM, Performance and Learn.
Find out what important actions SJDC took, things they wish they had done, and the most critical challenges they faced and are still overcoming. SJDC will discuss their selection process and working with implementation partners, implementing a phased approach, integrations, appropriate post-go-live support, organization and workforce impacts, behavior changes, and ongoing challenges.
Most importantly, they will discuss why they implemented an ERP Center of Excellence.
Stop by the Highstreet Booth #821 and learn how we’re leveraging our deep Oracle expertise to transform our clients ERP and HR platforms.
Enter our prize drawing and you could win a DJI Tello Quadcopter Drone with HD Camera, VR Powered Technology Fun Flight Bundle, Carry Case, Spare Battery, and VR Goggles Headset.
We look forward to meeting new and seeing old friends and colleagues at ALLIANCE.