When undertaking a complex PeopleSoft Project, it is important to break the project into smaller pieces and follow a structured implementation methodology.
Rick Bell, PMP, Highstreet Associate Vice President likes to split the project as follows:
- a) Project Planning – establish scope, project structure, meet the executive sponsors to obtain their support
- b) Fit/Gap Analysis to define requirements
- c) Configuration, Data Conversion
- d) Customization, Reports, Interfaces, Enhancements, Workflow (RICE)
- e) Unit, Functional and System Testing
- f) Deployment and Training
- g) Post-production Support
For each of these steps, client signoff is required.